Before you jump into building your new website, take some time to get organized.
In broad terms this means:
- Establish your goals
- Assign tasks to other leaders
- Pull together the needed information
At your next group meeting, discuss how you plan to use your website.
- What should your Home Page say about your group to the general public?
- Will you post photos and/or videos of group events on your website?
- What information do you want to collect about your members?
- Does your treasurer want to use the OurGroupOnline accounting system?
- Do you want to accept on-line payments from members using PayPal™
- How often do you want to send out the electronic newsletter?
Once you agree on your goals, it's time to assign responsibilities. Who is going to...
. . . Edit the Home Page and the About Us page?
. . . Enter upcoming events into the calendar?
. . . Upload photos and videos from recent events?
. . . Load the group roster and keep it up to date?
. . . Record training course completion?
. . . Maintain group accounts and enter monetary transactions?
. . . Enter the inventory of equipment and library materials?
. . . Set up users and assign permissions?
Now you're ready to prepare a checklist of tasks to bring your website up to speed.